Bringing Provider Voices to Child Care and Early Education Quality
Dr. Beth Rous and Dr. John Nash presented at the 2017 Annual Meeting of the Child Care and Early Education Policy Research Consortium in Washington DC, March 2, 2017. In their remarks at the meeting, Rous and Nash discussed:
- What human centered design is;
- When design thinking is good to use and under what conditions in quality improvement efforts.
- Ways their research team is using design thinking to re-imagine components of the Coaching System in Kentucky
A character composite of provider and was presented. You may download a PDF of their slide deck here.
- Brown, T. (2008, June). Design Thinking. Harvard Business Review.
- “The Civil War in Our Brains,” a TEDx talk by John Nash
- “The Deep Dive” (ABC Nightline)
- “Teaching design for change,” a TEDx talk by Emily Pilloton)
- “IDEO’s Design Thinking for Educators Toolkit,” a workbook to introduced the concepts of design thinking